Wednesday 6 November 2013

Ernest Ice Cream - Vancouver, BC


I've heard many of my friends raved about the ice cream here and since I make ice cream at home, they all say I have to try this place. We came here on a sunny day in the afternoon. It was fairly empty when we came. I really love their decor, very simple and earthy. I was confused when I first got there, because unlike normal ice cream store, they don't have the display area where you can see the ice cream. The girl greeted us and we looked at the menu. They have some very interesting flavours like candy bar, sweet potato casserole, whiskey hazelnut. I tried the sweet potato casserole and it indeed tasted very much like its name. Boyfriend tried whiskey hazelnut. 



We ended up getting whiskey hazelnut (light color) and salted caramel for $7. The girl said the salted caramel is one of the most popular one and I can see why. The caramel flavour builds in your mouth and the ice cream is super smooth. The flavours are very distinct. After trying the whiskey hazelnut, I actually prefer that better. I can see myself finishing a whole pint of whiskey hazelnut sitting in front of the tv. The whiskey flavour is definitely there but the bitterness of the alcohol is not there. Unlike other hazelnut ice cream, they have whole hazelnut in there and roasted which added more crunch to it which I enjoy. Another reason why I prefer whiskey hazelnut better is the salted caramel just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter where the whiskey flavour balances out the hazelnut flavour and keeps the flavour less sweet. Their ice cream is definitely one of the smoothest ice cream I've had. 




No comments:

Post a Comment